Whether you’re single, coupled up or married, Valentines Day doesn’t have to be the cheesy chocolates and roses that you’re used to. Getting dressed up and going out for Valentines Day can be an opportunity to feel confident and also try out a new hairstyle or makeup look. The team at DesignHouse loves doing special event hair and makeup even if it’s just a touch up. By having a pro look after your look you’re able to relax… after all Valentines Day is all about getting pampered right? We don’t want it to be complicated and that’s why we’ve got you covered with some ideas and info to get you started.
- Looking for an easy but still sexy look? Romantic, soft wavy hairstyles are the way to go as they’re suitable for a variety of face shapes and lengths of hair. It’s one of those styles where you really can’t go wrong!
- A soft up-do is a great way to look put together while still having your hair off your face. It’s a great simple date look, and according to Byrdie “this messy yet polished do can be dressed up or down.” This look works best for women wanting something more low maintenance and is great for shorter hair types!
- A blowout is one of the easiest ways to get date-worthy hair fast and easy. We’ll start by prepping the hair with a wash and condition then move on to making your strands silky with a bit of volume. A blow out with leave your hair manageable for up to a week making it great not just for Valentine’s Day date night.
- A vintage inspired makeup look is a beautiful way to create some interest and glamour without going overboard. The Every Girl provides the inspiration for this look, “something you might choose if you really want to make your date’s heart flutter. It’s a bit sexier with winged eye liner, a bold red lip, and vintage-inspired waves.” Creating a soft cat eye and adding a pop of colour to the lips is all you need.
- Romantic date makeup using golds, bronzes and light pinks are a staple when it comes to Valentine’s Day looks. This colour scheme is versatile and works on a variety of colouring whether you’re a blue-eyed brunette or a brown-eyed blonde. “Classically lined eyes and blushing cheeks are simple, pretty, and perfect for any evening out, Allure.” Enhancing natural beauty with light colours and a bit of metallic shimmer ensures you feel confident while still looking like yourself.
Want help getting Valentine’s Day ready? We offer a variety of services to help you feel your best and we’ll get you ready without the stress of trying to recreate a look yourself. We’re committed to creating the look you want while also being eco conscious and using non-toxic products. We can book you in for an up-do, style or makeup application at our salon in downtown Victoria. Call 778-433-4393.