The Fall always reminds us of new hair and clothing picked out for your grand début at school after the long days of summer vacation. This has carried over into our adult lives so whenever fall comes around we can’t help but itch for a new cut or colour to match the changing seasons. Fall is traditionally a time where hair gets chopped and coloured richer, deeper hues to reflect the coming colder weather. The year 2016 was all about throwback cuts but as we continue into 2017 we’re seeing more and more futuristic but wearable looks. “This coming fall will be about making subtle tweaks to what you’ve already got. This is the year to go for those layers or test-drive some eye-grazing bangs — which is perfect for those out there who are afraid of a major chop.” Below are 5 of our favourite and most versatile styles and looks for Fall 2017:
- Natural: Embracing natural textures, colours and styles continue to be a trend into Fall 2017. “Hair that flows free, full of movement, styled simply with water, and just touched up by hand. The natural look is the biggest trend of this season, letting hair speak for itself.”
- Bows: Black ribbons and bows are all the rage and to be honest we were a but surprised when they started popping up on runways across the globe. “Wrapped in silk, velvet, tied in a ponytail or looped above a bun the runways proved this season that there’s more than one way to wear the ribbon trend.”
- Eye-length Fringe: We love the eye grazing bangs on numerous celebrities such as Lilly Collins and they have got us wanting to take the plunge. “It’s a great way to change up your look without having to take off a lot of length.” Long bangs are also incredibly versatile. You can sweep or pin them to the side or completely pull them back.
- Grown out Lob: The lob was incredibly popular in 2016 and now it’s received a bit of an upgrade with added texture and a hint of length. This style is perfect for mid length hair as layers can be added and adjusted according to the look you’re going for. It can be beachy or sleek depending on your mood.
- Shag: “The shag was huge in 2016 — and it doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere. This silhouette allows the cut to really style itself with soft lines and seamless layers, it can work on straight and wavy hair, long or short.”
Having the right products to enhance the styles and looks you are trying to achieve can be a huge help as well. Here at designHouse we always provide recommendations on our favourite Davines products and our entire staff is trained on the products that work for specific looks and hair types. We also have an online store where you can browse to find exactly what you’re looking for! Interested in booking in for a new Fall look? Contact us!