Who doesn’t like to start off the New Year with a fresh cut and colour? Especially with Spring finally saying hello we’re getting excited to try out some new trends that have been popping up all over celebs and the runway. According to The Fashion Spot, trends to watch out for include, “An updated and punchier version of balayage, new forms of metallic hair and specific shades of natural hair colors in store for this year, (source).” Below you’ll find some of our favorites, which we chose based on wearability and overall style:
- Geode Hair: Good Housekeeping highlighted this trend as their top look and we couldn’t agree more. “Looking to add color to your hair, but don’t want to bleach it? With minimal stripping, this amethyst-to-navy ombré is gentle on hair and in terms of color, truly lives up to its gem namesake, (source).”
Source: Good Housekeeping
- Grey Ombre: Grey hair continues to be a huge trend that easily transitioned into this year. Whether you’re embracing your natural grey or adding in those silvery pieces at the salon it’s a chic way to embrace an unconventional colour.
- White Blonde: The platinum hair trend isn’t going anywhere but stylists are choosing to dye the hair white blonde instead of keeping hints of golden yellow. This trend is gorgeous but keep in mind the upkeep and damage to the hair, look at deep conditioning treatments like MELU by Davines before taking the plunge.
- Grown out Shag: Harper’s Bazaar showcases a popular cut that we’re going to be seeing everywhere this year. “With hair that hits just past the shoulders and bangs that are long enough to be split down the middle, the grown-out shag is the haircut to keep an eye on this year, (source).”
- Jewel Tone Balayage: Balayage is here to stay and we couldn’t be more on board! A new trend that’s popping up is creating a balayage with a gorgeous, rich jewel tone such a red, blue, or purple. Combining our favourite technique with a fresh colour = can’t get enough!
- Rose Gold Blonde: Thinking about amping up your usual blonde for Spring? Try adding in some warmth and dimension with a rose gold tint on top. Rose gold shades are beautiful on a variety of hair textures and also give a rosey glow to the skin. This shade is also easily taken in Summer. “Rose gold will probably never go away. As we transition into summer, you can take it up a notch and go more in the vanilla/sky shades, (source).”
If you’re contemplating trying a new shade or cut for Spring we can work with you to choose a style that works according to your hair and maintenance level. We’ll also get you set up with the products you need to keep your new look lasting and healthy. Contact us at http://designhousesalon.com/booknow or 778-433-4393 to book a consultation and/or an appointment!