Gone are the days when New Year’s resolutions equated to a new form of torture. This year, start a new trend by loving yourself and cutting yourself some slack. Women are more empowered than ever to work with their natural beauty and attributes that define them as an individual. Take advantage of this mentality when approaching this 2017 New Year’s resolution. We’ve listed our favourite goals to improving hair and beauty in two New Year’s Resolution’s checklists below.
The New Beauty Resolution Checklist
- Remove the old to reveal the new: The key to beautiful skin is to exfoliate dirt and bacteria to reveal fresh skin underneath. If you haven’t already, add this step to your skincare regime. It isn’t necessary to perform this step every day. Sticking to exfoliating at least once a week provides clear and balanced skin. We love Sacred Nature’s “Gommage” as it gently exfoliates the face and body with jojoba beads.
- Maintain Consistency: Maintaining youthful skin comes down to properly caring for it everyday. Using an oil to remove makeup, followed by gentle cleansing and moisturizing ensures skin is properly looked after and hydrated. We recommend Sacred Nature’s cleansing oil, perfect for removing makeup and dirt .
- Clean your makeup brushes: The buildup of oils and dirt from daily use hinder the amazing benefits of wearing cosmetics. Bacteria collects on the brushes, creating a breeding ground for acne and skin irritation. By keeping them clean, your skin will be kept healthier which lessens the chance of accumulating excess bacteria. Having a makeup artist show you specific brushes and their uses can also be very helpful. Simplifying your makeup routine can begin will eliminating unneeded brushes.
- Use face wipes sparingly: Face wipes are a fast option for removing makeup after a fun night out. However, the chemicals used to achieve this aspiration are quite harsh on the skin. These products aren’t for everyday use. They can, in fact, strip away necessary moisture from the skin. A better alternative that removes makeup just as quickly is olive oil, jojoba or coconut oil. They are gentle but effective for these needs, without draining the moisture levels of the skin.
- The #1 skin rule: When it comes to the face, don’t touch it during the day. Women who touch their face after their makeup application usually experience more breakouts. The unseen bacteria and sweat that collects on the hands can clog the pores and lead to blemishes.
Get Inspired with the New Hair Resolution
- Book a style consultation: Gone are the days where women get stuck with a bad haircut. A stylist will work with you and should also listen to your specific needs and maintenance level. All of our hair consultations are complimentary to ensure you get what you deserve. Can I get a Hallelujah? Take a peak at our options here → http://designhousesalon.com/hair-menu/.
- Breathe in new life with a new colour: A fresh colour or semi permanent dye can enrich the hair and also provide an easy way to change up a style. Colour swatches and a discussion with your stylist should be the first step.
- Learn how to achieve the perfect style: Stylists will take the time to show you how to achieve your new style at home. Being introduced and also educated on new products and tools can make recreating the look not as tedious.
When choosing a New Year’s resolution, focusing on positive changes are integral to looking and feeling your best. This New Year’s can easily be kicked off with a hair and makeup makeover that is easy to maintain and also attainable.
Here at DesignHouse Salon we perform and offer a variety of beauty packages. We encourage our clients to ask us about our options in order to get the right fit and also achieve the makeover that fits their lifestyle. Be sure to check us out online at http://designhousesalon.com/ or call to book your next appointment at (778)433-4393.